Throat Reliever For A Nasty Flu

It's been a long time since I fell sick with the flu. I hate the symptoms and the grogginess and the whole charade of being sick. The only thing I like is the extra love and care I receive from my husband when I am sick and stuck in bed. Sore throats, running temperature, blocked nasal passages and infuriating coughs are not what you want during the week. 

So here I am propped up in bed, wearing my husband's sweatshirt that keeps me snug and cozy and trying to find ways to get cured instantly. Finally, I realized  with a loss of appetite luring in my palate, I strongly crave for some hot, piping ginger lemon and honey concoction.  This is definitely a staple when I am down with cough and cold. 


Sipping my throat reliever, I am sharing my favorite soothing drink with you.

Here's what you need to do. 

Crush a small piece of ginger and keep it aside.

Boil 1.5 cups water and then add 1 tbsp of honey and t tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the mixture. Let it simmer for few minutes. Now add the crushed ginger and continue to simmer.

After 2 minutes switch off the flame. Pour a mug of this steeped concoction and drink up. 

I can have as many as 7 glasses a day and it always makes me feel a lot better.

Here's hoping you stay warm and keep the flu out of your home. 
post signature

Comments

Popular Posts